Marwane El Kharbili

May 26, 2008

Some Tip Rules for International Travelers

Thanks to some well known TV broadcaster, I got some interesting information about Asian tipping habits. So I thought I would share this.

First of all the simplest are the Japanese, it is advised not to tip anyone, cause giving money could be perceived as an insult out there, so you'd better keep your money in your wallet. Now the two other "countries" are china and Hong-Kong (hope I didn't shock any Chinese government official :-)). In china, giving up to 3% in Restaurants is good, and for a taxi-fare, you don't need to give anything. Whereas in Hong-Kong you are expected to give 10% to 15% tip money in Restaurants, and to at least round-up your fare to the next dollar in taxis. Now for the rest, I know nothing more so I guess you'll have to check that out by yourself! :

Marwane El Kharbili.

No comments: