Marwane El Kharbili

May 15, 2008

Securiy Requirements Engineering PhD & PostDoc

I wanted to make some advertisement for a double vacancy at the department of computer and information science at the NTNU (Trondheim, Norway). One position is a PhD position and the second one is a Post-Doc position. Both positions are ensured for 3 years (August 2008 - July 2011) and comprehend work on a new project, the ReqSec project. The projects seeks to come up with a methodology and tools for security requirements engineering.

The topic of security engineering is ons that I am interested a lot into, and I believe that we are are far behind on security issues from a software engineering point of view. One of my probable future directions of research (which I had talked about with my professor even before starting my PhD) is security modeling for business process management. the motivation: Security requirements do not solely appear on the lowest layers of software development, many types of security concerns get their requirements and partial specifications from the business and strategic layers of an enterprise model.

The ITMEE faculty of the Trondheim university is a leading university in computer science of which I know from personal experience. Some of my classmates at the ENSIMAG in Grenoble, went to the university of Trondheim in the same year I went from Grenoble to Karlsruhe. Several research institutes in applied mathematics and computer science also exist in Trondheim, some of them private. I don't know much about Norway or Trondheim itself but I guess if you're into nordic charm and love mountains, forests, Fjords and the see you should be happy there. Like Morocco, Norway is a kingdom too.

N.B.: [IT @ NTNU] Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway.

Marwane El Kharbili.

No comments: