Marwane El Kharbili

Nov 9, 2010

BIO

You can download my CVs in [English] | [French] | [German]

Biography
After my High School degree in 2000, I went through the CPGE (Classes Preparatoires aux Grandes Ecoles) preparatory classes for the elite French engineering schools system, from 2000 to 2002 (Morocco). I integrated the ENSIMAG (Grenoble INP, Grenoble, France) engineering school of applied mathematics and Informatics where I studied from 2002 to 2006. In parallel, I was selected for the double degree program between the ENSIMAG and the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT, Karlsruhe, Germany), which is part of the European CLUSTER Program. I graduated from the ENSIMAG (MSc.) in December 2006 and from the KIT in May 2007 (Diplom-Informatiker / MSc.). I majored in both distributed systems and telematics as well as cryptography and reliable architectures of systems. I minored in Entrepreneurship.

My Master thesis was undertaken at the FZI Karlsruhe during the academic year 2006-2007. I worked on a policy-based framework for collaboration and preference-based selection of web services in business processes. During the year 2006, I worked as a student trainee in the business process modeling team of the SAP in the headquarters at Rot-Malsch.

I joined the IDS Scheer AG (now Software AG) as a researcher and software engineer in June 2007. I was involved in the research activities of the IDS Scheer AG in the IP-SUPER project (European ICT FP6) building an integrated semantic business process management stack of semantic languages (ontologies) and framework. I also worked on the design and development of the new ARIS business rules management tool of the IDS Scheer AG. My research activities focused on topics related to semantic business process management, see my publications page for some research that came out of the project. Consequently to the IP-SUPER project, I was shortly involved in the ADIWA (BMBF) project, which seeks to bring together the Internet of Things (IoT) and business process management to create intelligent and dynamic digital workflows.

Since August 2009, I am a junior researcher at the model driven engineering (MDE) group, laboratory for advanced software systems (LASSY) Lab at he CSC research Unit at the Uni.Lu. My research is focused on software language engineering, policy management, compliance, model driven engineering. In the scope of my research I apply and validate scientific results from varied research domains such as formal (operational-SOS) semantics of languages, graphical modeling languages, meta-modeling, logics and business process management.

For a detailed overview of my experience and competencies please have a look at my online CV.

No comments: