Marwane El Kharbili

Mar 24, 2008

I am Brain Balanced!

What is he talking about?...(laughs), no I am not crazy and I do not take pills :D

I did one test more on tickle. Tickle is a great website where you can take all sorts of tests about all aspects of your personality. I often asked myself about where they get all those ideas from. well, they don't seem to have a problem with that. and the quality of the tests and the generated results are very good. They have a team of PhD psychologists who write the tests. Test vary, from your sports type, your perfect job, your IQ or your emotional IQ, to your brain type or your artist type. Tests are usually pretty long, from 5 to 12 pages, and it can take from 10 minutes to 20 minutes to complete one. But the results are worth it. Results contain a detailed analysis of the results of the test from a number of perspectives and even a list of scientific references, which at first really surprised me. Results are from 7 to 10 pages long, and they are written in really small characters. Tests are usually not free, but they regularly put tests online for members for free for a limited period of time. I never paid for any test. But I still did many on their site.

Now to the topic of this entry: in my case both halves of my brain work equally. This is the abstract of my result:

"That means you are able to draw on the strengths of both the right and left hemispheres of your brain, depending upon a given situation.

When you need to explain a complicated process to someone, or plan a detailed vacation, the left hemisphere of your brain, which is responsible for your ability to solve problems logically, might kick in. But if you were critiquing an art opening or coming up with an original way to file papers, the right side of your brain, which is responsible for noticing subtle details in things, might take over.

While many people have clearly dominant left- or right-brained tendencies, you are able to draw on skills from both hemispheres of your brain. This rare combination makes you a very creative and flexible thinker.

The down side to being balanced-brained is that you may sometimes feel paralyzed by indecision when the two hemispheres of your brain are competing to solve a problem in their own unique ways."

Oh, I forgot, you also have access to a community of users with which you can chat and exchange results of tests, or simply see them if you won't. I got to know some really special persons on tickle. So, do you think about getting on tickle?

Marwane El Kharbili.

No comments: